So why should we be concerned about Rosh Hashanah, one of several Jewish feasts? What possible impact could that have on my life? The purpose of this blog is to help you answer that question. In fact, it could be one of the most important blogs you ever read.
This is a blog about God's plans concerning mankind and His timetable concerning those plans. In other words, it's about biblical prophecy. God reveals both directly and indirectly what He plans to do.
The next major prophetic event will be the rapture. The rapture refers to God taking Christians instantaneously out of the world. (Read 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, John 14:1-3, and 1 Corinthians 15:51-52.)
Based on a literal interpretation of Revelation, the rapture will precede the seven years of tribulation. Following the tribulation period, Jesus Christ will return to earth in all His glory along with His saints, and He will defeat His enemies and set up a millenial (1000-year) Kingdom on earth.
So when is this going to begin? God has laid out enough clues through Scripture, world events, astronomical signs, and other means for us to know the signs of His coming.
Over the next 40 days, I intend to describe the signs that have persuaded me that the Lord's return for His church is not only near but may only be 40 days away on the festival of Rosh Hashanah, a 2-day festival that begins the evening of September 28 and ends two days later on the evening of September 30.
My own purpose for writing this blog is to remind myself and other believers of the solemn times we are living. We need to be as serious as ever about our faith and living life fully for Jesus. Let's not be half-hearted followers of the Lord. The Lord had a stern warning for us in Luke 21: 34-37. The warning is for us to watch ourselves and stay awake (spiritually aware) so we aren't caught off-guard and swept away.
I also want to spend the next 40 days in earnest prayer and I would like to see many readers of this blog do the same. I hope to give you prayer suggestions, which are pertinent to the times we are living.
Finally, I would like to have written sufficient truth over the next 40 days that anyone who finds himself left behind after the rapture takes place can get a Biblical perspective about what really happened to help impact their life choices during the tribulation. There will be many lies told about why so many people were taken away, and getting to the real truth could prove to be difficult.
This will be an exciting journey and one in which I hope you will join me.
I have been struggling with how to present all the signs (in the heavens, on the earth, with the animals, the immorality, scientific breakthroughs and the Signs in Israel) to my friends and family. I've been trying to tell them that this year could very well be the year of the Rapture!! They think it's just "wishful thinking" on my part. So, I was very thankful to find your webpage and would love to join with you in praying these next 30+ days for Christians to get ready, watch and pray. I have been searching for an answer, but haven't been able to get one, about how often the Constellation of Virgo would look like it will on Rosh Hashanah this year. Is that unusual?
ReplyDeleteI have also had similar reactions from my family members. That's one of the main reasons I decided to create this blog. I don't have an answer to your question about Virgo but I would like to know too.
ReplyDeleteI've been asking the Lord to not let me get confused about all that's happening. I don't like to mix the Word with the Psychic and other religions which pop up everywhere when trying to find out more about the constellations, this "comet" that's coming and the end of time. I believe this Rosh Hashanah could be the time of the Rapture and I am constantly looking for confirmation from other Christians and the Bible. I hope the Lord will give His people who are watching, some definite signs so we can warn our family and friends. I would like to have that "knowing" in my spirit, but I'm still not sure. I just don't know how we could have any more Prophetic things happening all at once and it not be pointing to Jesus coming to get his bride out of the mess that's developing so quickly!
ReplyDeleteWhat are you guys talking about? I know the Lord's coming is near but all the things happen is so powerful that minds can not comprehend. My point is that, God knows his children and is up to us to show our family and friends that whether Jesus is coming or 2012 is the year of rapture. We should ask God for his Holy spirit to enterprete things to us.Luke 21: 34-37. The warning is for us to watch ourselves and stay awake (spiritually aware) so we aren't caught off-guard and swept away.
ReplyDeleteComfort