Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Signs in the Sky

There are 35 days left to Rosh Hashanah!

In the last few blog entries, I stated the reasons I believe the rapture of the Church will occur on Rosh Hashanah, and also why I believe there are indications from the Great Pyramid that it could take place in 2011.

Now, I would like to describe other signs that independently arrive at the same conclusion to add to the body of evidence. Over the next few blog entries, I would like to discuss three astronomical signs that all seem to point to 2011 as the time for the Lord's return. According to Numbers in the Bible by Robert D. Johnston, the number 3, while denoting Divine manifestation, or Divine perfection, is also the symbol or resurrection.

Besides presenting three astronomical signs, the first of these signs is a series of three warnings. Each year (2008, 2009, & 2010) leading up to 2011, there has been a solar eclipse in Jerusalem on the same Hebrew calendar day, Av 1. Although they fell on different days of our calendar (8/1/08, 7/22/09, and 7/11/10), all three solar eclipses occured on the exact same day of the Jewish calendar.

Av 1 is a significant time to Jews. It is known as the "beginning of the time of sorrows", that culiminates on Av 9. Beginning the month before, on Tammuz 17, and lasting until Av 9 is a 3-week time of mourning and sorrow. From Av 1 to Av 9 is time called the nine days. The Talmud says that “From the beginning of Av, we diminish happiness” (Mishnah Ta’anit 4:6). It was on the 9th of Av that the temple built by Solomon was destroyed when Babylon sacked Jerusalem in 1586 BC and the second temple was destroyed during the Roman siege of Jerusalem in 70 AD. It was also on the 9th of Av that the Jews were expelled from England in 1290 AD, and in 1492 the Jews were expelled from Spain by King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella. What better time could God give the Jews a warning from the sky but during this time of mourning and sorrow?

Solar eclipses are considered by some to be warnings from God. This sequence of THREE warnings, not repeated in 2011, could be used by God to stress the importance of the impending resurrection (Rosh Hashanah) event that would soon be here. The three consecutive year countdown began in 2008. Was the warning pointing to this year? Both Jews and Gentiles that don't accept Jesus as their Messiah will be forced to go through the tribulation. I believe God is warning us that something very significant is just about to occur. Could that be only 35 days away on Rosh Hashanah?

Are you ready for His return?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Tearing Down Barriers to Truth - Preferences

How often do we want something to be true so we look for reasons that confirm what we want to be true. Alternatively, there are things we would rather not hear, believe, or know. For example, I know I should lose some weight. But as long as I don't get on the scales, I can be quite happy in the denial of the problem.

Sometimes when we read the Bible, there may be some difficult teachings that just strike us the wrong way. God says his ways are not like our ways and his thoughts are not like our thoughts. But when we come across something we don't agree with, we often find ways to "synthesize" it with our own belief systems. For example, who hasn't wrestled with the notion of election and predestination?

In the area of prophecy, many Christians are ready for the Lord to return right away. If we're not careful, we can read so well between the lines of Scripture that we see signs that are not really there. I have to be careful not to do this myself. On the other hand, there are other Christians that are satisfied with their lives and don't want to seriously consider the signs that indicate His coming is near. They are very apt to say that even Jesus said He didn't know the day or hour of His return so how could anyone else know anymore. In both cases, we can avoid the truth by reinforcing what we want the truth to be instead of pursuing the truth no matter how if feels to us and fits our preferences.

We can know we are leaning on our "truth" preferences when we have certain topics that have become "out-of-bound" areas for us. The Bible is clear that God wants us to love the truth. The truth is always good. When we have trouble with the truth, it's not because it needs to be changed, it's because we need to be changed.

------------------------------------------------------------

Prayer Suggestion.

O Lord, have I lost any passion for the truth? Search me and change me into a child of Yours that is zealous for knowledge, wisdom, and understanding. And Lord, please help me know the responsibility I have with the wisdom You bestow. Finally, O Lord, give me the will, courage, and boldness to do everything you call me to do in love. I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment